Bitcoin is the currency of the Internet: a distributed, worldwide, decentralized digital money. Unlike traditional currencies such as dollars, bitcoins are issued and managed without any central authority whatsoever: there is no government, company, or bank in charge of Bitcoin. As such, it is more resistant to wild inflation and corrupt banks. With Bitcoin, you can be your own bank.
If you are new to Bitcoin, check out We Use Coins and Bitcoin.org. You can also explore the Bitcoin Wiki:
How to buy bitcoinsBuy Reddit Gold using bitcoins!
Will I earn money by mining?Security guide
- Do not use URL shortening services: always submit the real link.
- Begging/asking for bitcoins is absolutely not allowed, no matter how badly you need the bitcoins. Only requests for donations to large, recognized charities are allowed, and only if there is good reason to believe that the person accepting bitcoins on behalf of the charity is trustworthy.
- News articles that do not contain the word "Bitcoin" are usually off-topic. This subreddit is not about general financial news.
- Submissions that are mostly about some other cryptocurrency belong elsewhere.
- No referral links in submissions.
- No compilations of free Bitcoin sites.
- Trades should usually not be advertised here. For example, submissions like "Buying 100 BTC" or "Selling my computer for bitcoins" do not belong here. /r/Bitcoin is primarily for news and discussion.
- Please avoid repetition — /r/bitcoin is a subreddit devoted to new information and discussion about Bitcoin and its ecosystem. New merchants are welcome to announce their services for Bitcoin, but after those have been announced they are no longer news and should not be re-posted. Aside from new merchant announcements, those interested in advertising to our audience should consider Reddit's self-serve advertising system.
(Sorted roughly by decreasing popularity.)
Join us on IRC
irc.freenode.net #bitcoin and #bitcoin-dev
Other Bitcoin sites
Bitcoin ForumBitcoin Stack Exchange
Bitcoins sent here will eventually be used for a Reddit advertising campaign with the goal of promoting Bitcoin and /r/Bitcoin: 16KaCJB7fVuT6hvA7wzgzVjAnHz28bNvvh (1.878 BTC spent so far)