Corey Feldman has revealed his plan to expose a network of Hollywood pedophiles - an explosive and incriminating film which he says will cost $10million to make.
The 46-year-old actor has long referred to the network which he claims he is a victim of and which he says 'thousands' of others in the industry are aware of.
Since the revelations of Harvey Weinstein's abuse of women in the industry began emerging earlier this month, Feldman has reignited his crusade to expose other predators he says are still operating at the highest level.
Earlier this week, he spoke cryptically of his plan to bring them to justice in a string of tweets. Since then, he has been arrested for possession of marijuana and claims an attempt on his life has been made.
Defiant despite his growing fear, Feldman released a video on YouTube on Wednesday to lay out his plan for a film which he says will answer 'what everyone wants to know' and expose the predators he says have been preying on child stars for decades.
In order to make it and distribute it himself, without the interference with any of the studios or industry insiders who he says it will incriminate, he is asking for $10million in donations on an Indiegogo fundraising page.
As of 1.30pm, a mere few hours after uploading the campaign, he had raised $20,000.
Scroll down for video
The video was released on Wednesday on an Indie GoGo page set up by Feldman's wife Courtney Anne Mitchell. They are asking for $10million to make it and protect themselves in the process
Despite his promise not to involve anyone else in the film-making process, donors can buy an executive producer title with a $1million donation to the project.
For a donation of $100,000, they can have their name included in the film titles and a donation of $1,000 buys a 'personal email of gratitude' from Corey.
No one had taken the star up on the pricier options but several were baited by the $100 social media shout-out, the $50 signed CD (inside the US) and the $100 international signed CD for anyone outside the country.
The cash will also be used to pay for extra security for himself and his family in addition to a legal team he says he needs to expose the 'evil' group.
'What I'm proposing is a plan that I believe can literally change the entertainment system as we know it. I believe that I can also bring down potentially a pedophile ring that I've been aware of since I was a child,' he said.
Feldman said he could name six of the predators, one of whom is still 'very powerful'.
He said himself was a victim of them when he was a child actor in the 1980s.
'I've been living in fear and living with this my entire life. As most victims have, I've been made to feel awkward, misunderstood and I've been degraded at great levels,' he said.
Feldman, 46, said he could name at least six pedophiles 'right off the bat' who were executives in Hollywood
For $1million, fans can become an executive producer on the project. A donation of $10,000 wins a pair of tickets to the premiere
Feldman said he estimated the film's release would be in December 2018. For $100,000 to the campaign, fans can buy a credit in the titles and for $1,000, Feldman will send a 'personal email of gratitude'
'I know that there's thousands others that have experienced what I have experienced in the entertainment industry and I also know there's peers of mine who know what I'm talking about and know all the details but have been afraid to come forward with their own truths,' he added.
Last week, Feldman tweeted that he had a 'plan' to bring down the network of pedophiles which he has long referred to in interviews but who he has never identified.
On October 21, he and his band, Corey Feldman & The Angels, were arrested in Louisiana for marijuana possession in what he described as a random raid on their tour bus.
All were released from custody after providing proof of their legal prescriptions for it, he said.
Since then, he says he had a 'near death' experience when two trucks came 'speeding' towards him at the same time.
Last week, Feldman spoke of his plans to expose the pedophile ring on Twitter
On October 21, he and several of his bandmates were arrested for marijuana possession on their tour bus in Louisiana in what he said an incident of 'ironic' timing given his earlier claims
Feldman (above with his wife Courtney Anne Mitchell in May) said the family needs protection if he is going to expose his attackers
The following is a transcript of Feldman's seven-minute YouTube plea.
Hi, this is Corey Feldman. I'm coming to you today to talk to you about what's on everybody's mind. I told everybody a few days ago that I had a plan to try and hopefully bring to light what is happening in the world of entertainment as far as perverts and pedophiles and all of the topics that we've been discussing.
Ever since I even discussed the fact that I had this plan, my life has turned into utter chaos. It's pretty ripped up because of the devastation of what I've been through the last few days. I've experienced things like never before. I've been silenced my whole life but over the last few days, since I made that announcement, I've been arrested and had a near death experience last night where I felt like I was going to be killed. Two trucks came speeding at me at the same time on a cross walk.
'Several of my bandmembers decided to quit because they're afraid for their lives. They just left. I'm very alone but I need to protect myself and I need to protect my family. I need additional security and I need a legal team to help represent me so that I can fulfill this mission.
'What I'm proposing is a plan that I believe can literally change the entertainment system as we know it. I believe that I can also bring down potentially a pedophile ring that I've been aware of since I was a child.
'Right off the bat I can name six names - one of them who is still very powerful today, and a story that links all the way up to a studio. It connects pedophilia to one of the major studios.
'I am very afraid to do this, it's not easy. I've been living in fear and living with this my entire life, as most victims have. I've been made to feel awkward, misunderstood, and I've been degraded at great levels.
'Rumors have been told, stories have been made up about me, I've been insulted and degraded in ways that are unimaginable to me, all because they fear what I know as the truth. I'm not alone. I know that there's thousands of others that have experienced what I have experienced in the entertainment industry. I also know there's peers of mine who know what I'm talking about and know all the details but have been afraid to come forward with their own truths.
'I am using this to draw a line in the sand, to say to the Hollywood community, we are better than this. I know that we can stand together as one, we can be united and we can create an affront. Those good people out there, there's plenty of them, they've helped me over the years. You guys can take my side and we can stand together but additionally not just the entertainment industry, the entire world, the entire planet can come together over this issue because our children are the most sacred things we have.
'Who could even dream of robbing an innocent child of their life experience. It's not fair and it must end so I am begging you to join me and let our voices be heard. I have lived in shame and fear my entire life and so have millions of others and now we have the ability to let our voices be heard and break the dam of silence.
'I propose to do this by making a film that will be the most honest and true depiction of child abuse every portrayed by telling you my own story in a very real way.
'In a very honest way with no editing, no censorship no studio behind it. I will make the film, direct it, produce it and I will self-distribute it to guarantee that it gets a theatrical release with your donations. Additionally it will help me buy the security and the legal team that I need to help my family until the project is released. Once it's done, I believe we can revolutionize the film industry in such a way that we can root out the evil and make it safe for our kids again.
'Please join me in this fight, I know that together we can stand strong. The time is now. I've had people on Twitter begging me to do this. With 30,000 new followers just in the last week, I know this is what everybody wants to know.
'Everybody wants the answer - who did this. Who's responsible. They all want the answer. And all these people taunt me and tease me and bully me on social media on a daily basis. Every day when I go on twitter I have to be confronted with this topic that I do not want to have to think about again but every day, when I'm trying to live my life and do other things and go on with my tour, I lose all of that for this.
'I'm willing to walk away from all of it if I can make a difference and I believe that I can with this idea. So please join me and help me in making our voices be heard and making a change that can revolutionize the film industry, save millions of children's lives and let the truth be told so that the people who have done this damage can come to their consequences they deserve.
'Justice will be served under God's name because this is about good and evil, at the end of the day, there is nothing more evil than the people who want to take advantage of innocent children. Let's protect them together, God bless you.'
In his video, Feldman suggested both were prompted by his earlier remarks to expose the powerful network of child molesters.
'Ever since I even discussed the fact that I had this plan, my life has turned into utter chaos. I've experienced things like never before. I've been silenced my whole life but over the last few days, since I made that announcement, I've been arrested and had a near death experience last night where I felt like I was going to be killed,' he said.
'Several' of his bandmembers had suddenly quit in fear of their lives, he added, and he was now 'very alone'.
The film, he said, would be 'the most honest and true depiction of child abuse ever portrayed'.
Feldman promised to produce it 'with no censorship and no studio' to ensure it was unedited.
'I will make the film, produce it and I will self-distribute it to guarantee that it gets a theatrical release with your donations.
'Additionally, it will help me buy the security and the legal team that I need to help my family until the project is released.
'Once it's done, I believe we can revolutionize the film industry,' he said.
'Please join me in this fight, I know that together, we can stand strong. The time is now,' Feldman said at the end of his appeal.
Feldman (above second right in The Goonies in 1985, when he was 14) said he has lived in 'shame' his whole life after being abused by a child star
Feldman has long attested that both he and his Lost Boys co-star Corey Haim were abused as child stars. He says Haim was raped at the age of 11 while he was routinely molested. The pair are pictured (center and right) 1987 on the set of The Lost Boys with Jamison Newlander (left)
Feldman shot to fame in the 1980s as a child actor in The Goonies, Gremlins, and Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter.
He was only 10 when he appeared in The Fox and the Hounds and 16 when he starred in The Lost Boys along with Corey Haim in 1987.
In the past, he has made repeated attempts to expose the network but none have ever resulted in the naming of those he says attacked him.
He even described how he was abused in an interview with police in the 1990s but was ignored because the officers at the time were questioning him over allegations against Michael Jackson, who he said did not harm him and who he considered a friend.
The statute of limitations had not been reached when Feldman made the remarks aged 22 in 1993. It has since long past.
In 2016, in another media interview, Feldman laid bare how both he and Haim were targeted.
'With me, there were some molestations, and it did come from several hands, so to speak, but with Corey, his was direct rape, whereas mine was not actual rape. And his also occurred when he was 11,' he told The Hollywood Reporter last year.
In 2013, during an appearance on The View, said their abusers were 'still out there'.
'There are people that did this to both me and Corey that are still working, they're still out there and they're some of the richest most powerful people in this business.
'They do not want me saying what I'm saying right now,' he said.
In 2013, Feldman told Barbara Walters on The View that both he and Corey Haim were abused by pedophiles as child stars and that their attackers were still in the industry but nothing came of his remarks
Host Barbara Walters pushed back: 'Are you saying that they're pedophiles? And that they're still in this business?' Feldman emphatically answered 'yes' to both questions.
She then said: 'You are hurting an entire industry'. The video resurfaced this week as fears of the wide-spreading Hollywood sex scandal extended to child stars.
Some accused Walters of trying to silence Feldman. The View producer Bill Geddie defended her in a podcast this week, saying: 'You should know that this didn’t happen without Barbara digging into it.
'Barbara exposed all this . . . Barbara made this happen.'
In 2011, after Haim's death, he told Nightline: 'I can tell you that the No. 1 problem in Hollywood was and is and always will be pedophilia.
'That’s the biggest problem for children in this industry... It’s the big secret,' he said, comparing it to the Jimmy Savile abuse scandal in the United Kingdom.
Haim (above left in 2009) died in 2010 from pneumonia and had battled drug addiction for years before his death. This week, legendary film writer Paul Haggis (right) said his and Feldman's stories of abuse ought to be taken seriously
A 2014 documentary called An Open Secret sought to shed light on the problem but it never found a home.
It has been released in full on Vimeo and can be watched for free in the wake of the Weinstein allegations.
Producer Amy J. Berg was threatened with law suits by the Screen Actors Guild and AFTRA for including reference to them in the film.
In an interview with Elle later, she said: 'I don’t think anyone takes it very seriously. I think the industry has accepted it as industry standard.'
An Open Secret, which tackled the same theme, was made in 2014 but struggled to find distribution in Hollywood and was plagued by lawsuits. It was released on Vimeo in the wake of the Weinstein allegations earlier this month
She has supported Feldman's claims against Hollywood executives for years.
Both Feldman and Haim endured well-documented battles with drug and alcohol addiction after being catapulted into stardom as child actors.
Feldman also described the abuse in his autobiography, Coreography, but did not name his attackers.
His remarks this week regarding the alleged network of pedophiles are not isolated.
On Sunday, veteran writer Paul Haggis made reference to his accusations and said they were 'worth considering'.
'It is not an innocent place and never has been. Most of this behavior has been aimed at women, but I am sure that former child stars such as Corey Feldman and Corey Haim, who have both made allegations in the past that no one took seriously, are worth considering, too.
'Were people covering for pedophiles, too? We have to think that may have happened as well, because no one speaks out about being abused just to benefit their career. I find it particularly terrible that people had their dreams held to ransom in that way,' he said.
Haggis has relocated from Hollywood to New York to work on new ventures and is convinced the golden days of tinseltown are over.
'It's finished,' he said of the industry in light of the growing claims of sexual abuse.