Window fitter Paul Gait revealed that he and Elaine Kirk have barely left their home after being released by police.
He said the ordeal had ruined their Christmas and he just wanted to get out of the area.
The innocent pair were quizzed by police for 36 hours before being told they faced no further action.
ACCUSED: Paul Gait and Elaine Kirk were accused of flying drones above Gatwick (Pic: SWNS)
Paul, 47, has been signed off work due to the effect of their experience.
He exclusively told the Daily Star Sunday: “I don’t want to live here anymore. I just want out. I’m not in a good place to be fair.
“I’m off work, I’ve been signed off. It’s affected me in a massive way. It’s been difficult. Christmas was s***. I haven’t been out for two weeks.
“I haven’t got any intention of going out at the moment.”
INNOCENT: Paul Gait and Elaine Kirk outside their home (Pic: BBC)
“It’s been difficult. Christmas was s***”Paul Gait, wrongly accused of flying a drone above Gatwick Airport
He and Elaine, 54, were falsely accused of bringing the airport to a standstill by flying a drone over it.
They were released back to their home in Crawley, West Sussex, the day before Christmas Eve.
Sussex Police have come under scrutiny for their handling of the investigation. Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley said it was possible there hadn’t been a drone over Gatwick.
He said their was no footage of one and they were just dealing with witness sightings.
Chief Constable Giles York then said some activity may have been the force’s own surveillance aircrafts.
Mr Gait – who used to fly model helicopters – was given an alibi by his ex-wife Gemma Allard.
She said he had been with him at the time of the drone disruption which affected 120,000 air passengers.
Gatwick has offered a £50,000 reward through Crimestoppers to individuals with information on the perpetrators of the disruption, with the charity’s boss Lord Ashcroft offering a further £10,000.
Police are examining relevant sightings by 115 witnesses, including 93 from “credible witnesses” such as a pilot, airport staff and police officers.
More than 1,000 house to house enquiries have also been carried out.
Since the incident, the UK’s two busiest airports are investing millions of pounds in anti-drone technology.
Gatwick and Heathrow have brought in equipment at an equivalent level to that used by the armed forces. Earlier this week, the Ministry of Defence confirmed military equipment being used at Gatwick had now been withdrawn from the Sussex airport.Related articles