2007 single by Cupid
"Cupid Shuffle" is a song by Cupid from his 2007 studio album Time for a Change. It has spawned a popular line dance and has drawn comparisons to DJ Casper's "Cha Cha Slide."
In the United States, the song peaked at number 66 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 21 on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart, both in the August 18, 2007 issue.
The Voice [ edit ]
In 2012, Cupid chose the song for his audition to the third season of the American music competition show The Voice, broadcast on NBC. Although he gave a different version of the hit, none of the four judges pressed their "I Want You" button and he was automatically eliminated from further competition in the show. But after turning their chairs, judge Cee Lo Green recognized Cupid and asked him to perform another song to prove that "he can sing".
In popular culture [ edit ]
Charts and certifications [ edit ]
Weekly charts [ edit ]
Certifications [ edit ]
References [ edit ]
- ^ Cupid (2011). My Life. Apple.
- ^ Graham, Tim (October 8, 2008). "No love here: Three Dolphins each fined $10k for end zone celebration". ESPN. Associated Press . Retrieved September 9, 2011 .
- ^ "Cupid Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. August 18, 2007. Retrieved September 8, 2011.
- ^ "Cupid Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. September 15, 2007. Retrieved September 8, 2011.
- ^ "Cupid > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation . Retrieved September 8, 2011 .
- ^ "American single certifications – Cupid – Cupid Shuffle". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
External links [ edit ]